Thursday, December 01, 2011

Advent Calendar 2011

It's December, so it's time for the advent calendar! This is the fourth year we've done it, and I decided to add a twist to it, because it's getting harder to come up with numbers made out of snow, candy canes, toys, yarn, etc. So here it is, I decided to do each day in a different language. This way, I can look like a pretentious snob and also fulfill my tiger mom duty by forcing a new language on my kids every day for the next 24 days, when in reality, I'm just googling "Swahili numbers" and writing it down on a piece of paper.

Without further ado, I present the Advent calendar language of the day, Spanish:


Veinticuatro - 24 days until Christmas!

Hey look, the Imaginext guy wants to play with the frogs!

And my dear, dear friends from my 1995 trip to Tijuana. These little dudes were sitting in a little bodega covered in dust, so I've left them in their original form. Because what college student doesn't want a set of two taxidermied frogs nailed to a piece of wood playing ping-pong in sombreros and ponchos?

They adorned the bar in room 211 in Sanctuary Hall for two years, lived through countless apartments in Chicago, and made the move to Iowa. They may have lost a sombrero along the way, but they are still going strong!

Feliz Navidad, Dudes!

No comments: