Saturday, February 21, 2009

Facebook...the Final Frontier

This article "Why I Hate Facebook" pretty much sums up why I won't join:

But I honestly don't have the time to commit to Facebook...And after sitting at a computer typing all day, the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit in front of another computer so I can upload photos to my Wall and read 25 random things about a high school classmate I haven't spoken to in 18 years.

This movie is pretty hilarious as well - if Facebook were real life:


The only thing worse than Facebook, is that stupid "Tagged" crap. Talk about obtrusive and annoying...I lasted less than 24 hours on it after getting repeated invites from a very minor acquaintance. Not wanting to seem rude, I relented and joined, only to be bombarded by "tags" and invitations to "tag" random people who I have never met before. So, I've just sworn it all off. It's more trouble than it's worth, and I plan to instead invest my time twittering about my boring life (not).

I do think it will be fascinating to see how younger kids and future generations will be in terms of privacy. With technology, everyone can showcase their lives in front of millions of people...from the mundane to the important. Is that a good or bad thing? Is it so wrong to want to keep things more private? Am I being a total hypocrite by having a blog and slamming Facebook/Myspace? Probably.

But hey, at least one of us has caved into the Facebook frenzy! You can:

A. Become friends with Matt
B. Write on his wall
C. Play Scrabble with him
D. And so on and so on...

Go right ahead, he's at 127 friends and counting...

No comments: