Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superbowl Sunday...



I don't look at this as Superbowl XL as much as a Superbowl XX 20th Anniversary Celebration.

Seahawks, Steelers...so what! It's all about DA BEARS...I'm not talking Grossman and Muhammed and Urlacher, it's McMahon, Wilson and Dent (and Singletary and Gault and Butthead and Mongo and hell, even Gary Fencik). The best NFL team EVAH!

In January 1986 (back when they used to play the Superbowl in late January) as a 5th grader in downstate Illinois I had the entire '85 Bears roster memorized along with the words to the Superbowl Shuffle. We made posters for the Superbowl party drawn in crayon and we watched the celebration ticker tape parade in Chicago a few days later on WGN. Ah, good times.

From the Tribune in honor of the 1986 Superbowl Champs Bears Story

So I raise my beer in honor of the 1986 Superbowl Champions, from a certain city dat starts wit' a 'C', ends in an 'O' and has a 'HICAG' in da middle. Bear down!

No comments: