Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lots of heart

Happy Valentine's Day! Our newest little cupid, Miss G, is getting so big. When she was born, one of the first things I noticed was the birth mark on her forehead. Her brother had the "stork bite" mark on the back of his neck like I did. She had that as well, plus another one or two on her head. We joked that instead of getting bit by the stork, she got mauled.

I don't even really notice it that much anymore, but every so often I find myself looking at it and smiling. Because I've always thought it looked like a heart (or more accurately, the Smashing Pumpkins heart logo, but I digress). It makes it that much sweeter to think of that little heart that she wears on her forehead as a symbol of how much she is loved, how much she was hoped and dreamed for.

As she gets older and it continues to fade and grow fainter, I'll still remember that little heart and what it represents. Even better, one day when she enters those trying preteen years, I can look forward to it making the occasional appearance when she gets mad at her old mom! Happy Valentine's Day to my two little sweethearts!

No comments: