Monday, August 26, 2013

School Days...

DSC_0263

On the night before first grade, we all read a book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Then we read Elmo Loves You for Greer.

CSC_0297

In the morning, kids wanted Cocopuffs, so I complied and cracked open the sparkling grape juice that I got to celebrate our first day. Mom had a "real" one later to celebrate in her own way...

CSC_0298 CSC_0295

Picture time! Looking spiffy in our uniform and new sneaks!

CSC_0296 DSC_0301

I thought that as a seasoned pro I would shed no tears today...until Alex's teacher gave each parent one of these as we walked out the door. Well done, Mrs. Curtin!

CSC_0314

Gah! He is such a cutie!

CSC_0218

First football practice for the 1st/2nd grade flag football Greater Des Moines Catholic Football League. Guess what? I didn't see a second of practice, I was flying solo and had to keep an eye on this one...

DSC_0226 DSC_0231 DSC_0233

Catching some air on the playground!

DSC_0252

Again with the ridiculous cuteness!

CSC_0269

Asked Alex if I could take some photos of him in his practice gear, he complied and pulled out the finger guns (so much like his dad)...

DSC_0263

Then, instead of the Statue of Liberty play, he wanted to do the actual Statue of Liberty pose...

DSC_0267

And gave his own attempt at the Heisman trophy pose!

No comments: