Monday, October 05, 2009

What the Dell(s)?












So, I'm finally posting some more pictures from our trip to the Dells a few weeks ago. Here's a quick recap of the top ten things we did:


10. Used a toilet with a plastic, bullet-ridden seat


9. Got lost in a Wisconsin corn maze for what seemed to be hours when in reality it was 15 minutes, thus leading to a serious case of PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Detassling - going back to age 13 when I had to detassle corn for $4 an hour in drought conditions in the late 1980s!

8. Played sand volleyball with a guy named "Shakey" who was a few sheets to the wind and missing a few digits (no wonder the poor guy had so many problems serving)


7. Went skeet shooting for the first time and hit a clay pigeon on my third try! (Little known fact: I was Annie Oakley for the fourth grade "Famous Americans" pageant and took my brother's BB gun to school as a prop...pretty sure they don't let kids do that today)


6. Fed and petted tame deer


5. Shot, killed and ate before mentioned tame deer with bare hands (OK, just kidding, I didn't use my bare hands to do it!)

...OK, and I couldn't hunt a deer either, I keeed, I keeed!


4. Got to see one nice beaver (I'm holding it in a picture on my sister's blog, in case you want to take a look at it, this is an otter!)

3. Got to see Alex catch a fish and get stuck in a hammock


2. Did the one touristy thing you have to do in the Dells...ride the amphibious Duck boat/truck!




1. Got to spend an absolutely amazing time with my family - thanks so much everyone for the great memories!

No comments: